RMK is offline

Russell King rmk at ftp.linux.org.uk
Fri Apr 23 14:55:20 EDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 06:48:20PM +0100, Russell King wrote:
> FYI, I've lost ADSL at 2am last night due to some planned engineering
> works by the telco; currently there's no estimate on when things will
> be returned.  Unfortunately, It's taken most of today to get the ISP
> to note a fault - but seemingly they still haven't raised it with BT.

Update: they raised it with BT, BT say there's no fault, so bounced the
problem back to the ISP.  The ISP ran a check, and can see that there's
a fault in the BT network, and so have bounced the fault back to BT
again.

So this fault is probably going to bounce back and forth between the ISP
and BT forth for a while.

It has exactly the same symptoms as the problem we had when BT switched
us from the 20CN to 21CN stuff, so I'm not hopeful that anything will be
resolved soon.

As my only other net access is (currently) via other peoples connections
(in this case, the gliding club) I will only be checking mail and maybe
committing stuff to my git tree very sporadically - and probably won't
be sending any pull requests to Linus until the BT situation is sorted.

So in summary, please be patient, and please realise that this fault
prevents me doing _any_ work what so ever - whether that be community or
paid work.