No subject

Fri Nov 6 13:01:15 EST 2009

about 10 32-bit registers giving detailed information about various
aspects of the CPU - including five 32-bit registers for details about
the instruction set.

We know that some of the meanings of these registers has changed their
meaning - and I don't think there's a way to identify which meaning
should be applied to the registers (it seems to require reading lots
of different documents to sort out what CPUs implement which method.)

Frankly, it's a mess, and when you look at implementations, it turns out
to be unreliable.

> On ARM, it would be great to have a simple set of features in
> /proc/cpuinfo indicating which instruction sets are available (and
> reliable).

I think you've living in a dream world there.