orion/kirkwood pcie issue still open with rc6

Ronen Shitrit rshitrit at marvell.com
Tue Nov 10 10:26:16 EST 2009

Hi

The bit below indicates whether to propagate external errors on the PCIE as external abort or not.
In your case the external error is a PCI master abort, this is a legitimate error in case of issuing a configuration read to a device which doesn't exist on the bus.

To overcome the kernel fault and still enable the error propagation, there is the option to add handler which will look for the error cause and ignore it in case of master abort or to disable this bit before doing PCI config read.

Regards