Discussion request for new Samsung SoCs maintaining

Mark Brown broonie at sirena.org.uk
Fri Aug 28 08:45:59 EDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 12:27:14PM +0900, Harald Welte wrote:
> Hi Mark, Jin-Sung and others,

> > It would seem to be much better to integrate your work with the existing
> > support for your CPUs rather than starting from scratch - there's an
> > awful lot of continuity in the IPs and it'd seem strange to ignore that.
> > What are the factors that are pushing you towards starting from scratch?

> Nobody is proposing to start from scratch, don't worry.  Right now the plan
> is as follows:

This all sounds a lot better than the original mail - like I said in my
reply it'd be good to describe anything in terms of how it relates to
the existing support rather than in greenfield terms.  It'd probably
make things a lot clearer, or more concrete at least.

> > > Finally, we should talk with Ben Dooks who is a maintainer of s3c24xx
> > > series, so hope Ben's reply especially :)

> > You probably want to CC him on messages like this - I've added him here.

> I've already sent him a mail about a week ago about what's happening at Samsung
> at the moment, so he should be generally aware.  But yes, explicit Cc is
> still not a bad idea.

I'd say it's very important to keep folks in the loop.