[RFC/RFT PATCH] net: stmmac: do not poke MAC_CTRL_REG twice on link up

Erico Nunes nunes.erico at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 03:29:21 PDT 2022

On Mon, Aug 29, 2022 at 12:02 PM Jerome Brunet <jbrunet at baylibre.com> wrote:

> This never had any meaningful impact for me. I have already reverted it
> for testing.
>
> I'm all for reverting it

If we are considering to revert that, I would like to trigger some
tests on my S805X CI board farm as well, to ensure it won't regress
later. That was one of the original reasons for that patch.

Since there are some more changes referenced in this thread, can
someone clarify what is the desired state to test? Just revert
2c87c6f9fbdd on top of linux-next, or also apply some other patch?