YUV Display

E Honsch honsch at telus.net
Fri Nov 26 23:06:54 PST 2021

I've been using an ODroid C2 for our race car dashboard and we decided
to upgrade the screen to a more dashboard friendly size. We ended up
going with this one: https://www.waveshare.com/wiki/11.9inch_HDMI_LCD

What they didn't mention is that is only takes YUV data.

After digging around I figured out that YUV scanout isn't yet supported
in the meson drm.

How far away from being able to support YUV is the code currently?  Does
the documentation exist to implement the feature?  If the information is
around I'd take a stab at getting it going if someone points me in the
right direction.

Thanks.