next/master bisection: baseline.dmesg.emerg on meson-gxbb-p200

Neil Armstrong narmstrong at baylibre.com
Thu Nov 19 05:26:43 EST 2020

On 19/11/2020 11:20, Marc Zyngier wrote:
> On 2020-11-19 08:50, Guillaume Tucker wrote:
>> Please see the automated bisection report below about some kernel
>> errors on meson-gxbb-p200.
>>
>> Reports aren't automatically sent to the public while we're
>> trialing new bisection features on kernelci.org, however this one
>> looks valid.
>>
>> The bisection started with next-20201118 but the errors are still
>> present in next-20201119.  Details for this regression:
>>
>>   https://kernelci.org/test/case/id/5fb6196bfd0127fd68d8d902/
>>
>> The first error is:
>>
>>   [   14.757489] Internal error: synchronous external abort: 96000210
>> [#1] PREEMPT SMP
>
> Looks like yet another clock ordering setup. I guess different Amlogic
> platforms have slightly different ordering requirements.
>
> Neil, do you have any idea of which platform requires which ordering?
> The variability in DT and platforms is pretty difficult to follow (and
> I don't think I have such board around).

The requirements should be the same, here the init was done before calling
dw_hdmi_probe to be sure the clocks and internals resets were deasserted.
But since you boot from u-boot already enabling these, it's already active.

The solution would be to revert and do some check in meson_dw_hdmi_init() to
check if already enabled and do nothing.

Neil