ARM GLX Khadas VIM Pro - Ethernet detected as only 10Mbps and stalled after some traffic

crow crow at linux.org.ba
Sun Jun 11 10:03:11 PDT 2017

Hi Andrew,

On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 5:21 PM, Andrew Lunn <andrew at lunn.ch> wrote:
>> Thank your for the suggestion, and thanks Martin to explaining me over
>> IRC what actually I should do.
>>
>> I recompiled mainline kernel 4.12-rc4 with the Amlogic driver:
>> replaced drivers/net/phy/meson-gxl.c with
>> https://github.com/khadas/linux/blob/ubuntu-4.9/drivers/amlogic/ethernet/phy/amlogic.c
>>
>> But this did not solve the issue. As soon as i start git clone i lose
>> network connection to device (no session timeout/disconnect this time,
>> but I am unable to reconnect over SSH or to get OK ping replay back).

1) First problem reported I can't reproduce anymore, every reboot/cold
boot with mainline kernel the Ethernet speed is detected as
"100Mbps/Full" , but as seen in first post there was this issue.

2) see below

> So this shows it is more than a PHY problem. The Ethernet MAC driver
> is probably also part of the problem.

There are some stmmac fixes [1] in soon to be rc5, compiled current
master (without amlogic.c) with the fixes but for me the issue still
persist. I will compile once released rc5 with amlogic.c and report
back.

> Are there any mainline kernels which work O.K?

Khadas VIM support was added in 4.12-rc1. And I did test all four rc's
but without success.

[1] https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/426849e6611f2092553f8d53372ae310818a6292