ETAs for libusbx operability and first release?

Segher Boessenkool segher at kernel.crashing.org
Mon Jan 30 06:20:31 EST 2012

> I'll add myself to the list of people requesting an update on the
> current status.

I'm back, and I'll get the infrastructure sorted ASAP.

The more important part, the code, is non-existent (no one has
posted any patches yet!)

What are we basing on, the current state of libusb.git master?

Please start sending patches.  Or discuss what we should
include now (not too much please!)

> What's more, since I'd like to avoid falling into the pitfalls of
> "it's ready when it's ready",

You have a problem then.  It will not be ready before it is
ready!  Complaining about it doesn't change a thing.

I can give you a plan though.  Plan:

1) Put whatever we want in the first libusbx release in a tree;
2) ???;
3) Release.

I estimate this to take two weeks.

> which we know all too well the damage of from libusb,

First, that is not the problem there.  Second, you cannot compare
this first fork release to a regular release anyway.  And third,
after each release we will plan the next one.

> - the libusbx public availability and announcement
>
> - the libusbx 1.0.9(?) first release

I plan to announce the fork together with the first release.
I thought this was clear?

"Two weeks".

Segher