libnl linker versioning is off

Jan Engelhardt jengelh at inai.de
Sun Jan 4 09:41:12 PST 2015

On Sunday 2015-01-04 17:35, Thomas Haller wrote:
>Hey,
>I send a few patches to the mailing list to fix the version scripts:
>http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/libnl/2015-January/001794.html
>
>They hide some symbols that were previously exported (but not in public
>header files).

JFYI, __bss_start, _edata, _end, _fini, _init, _exit are not symbols
from libnl, but symbols related to the dynamic linking infrastructure
and are (largely) implementation-specific. In addition, "libnl_3" is
the prior symvers symbol, also not a C function/variable. Don't just
take everything `nm` outputs at face value :)

You never need to fumble with the visibility of these, or list them
in any symbol file. As such, removing them from the .sym files does
not constitute an ABI change.