U32 classifier and new hashing support

Adrian Ban adrian.ban at mantech.ro
Fri May 25 07:08:35 EDT 2012

Hi,

I really don't know which is the difference between the terminal class
and a normal one, but obvious there is a difference when you using the
iproute2/tc command to view the filters and classes which will show you
an "*" somewhere in the output.
For this reason I've took a look into the iproute2/tc command and found
this TC_U32_TERMINAL flag that is set for leaf classes.

If I remember correctly I got some issues with the matching of the class
when I the class was not set as terminal and I've applied the SFQ qdisc.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
Adrian Ban