[libical] Adding support for VALARM extensions

Ken Murchison murch at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Mar 31 08:28:19 PDT 2014

On 03/27/2014 10:19 PM, Robert Norris wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014, at 01:04 PM, Ken Murchison wrote:
>> I looks like design-data/parameters.csv contains the integer value to be
>> used for the enumerated type when generated, which I believe preserves
>> the ABI for parameters.  Perhaps the same can be done for component
>> types, methods, properties, value types, and any other enums.
>> Obviously, the scripts used to generate the resulting *.[ch] files would
>> need to be changed too.
> This is the approach I considered too. I think it would work ok arrange
> it so that non-sequential values get added to enums as necessary, but my
> concern then is that any programs iterating over all values in an enum
> by using the range ICAL_FOO_X to ICAL_FOO_NONE is going to miss the new
> values. I don't know if that's a legitimate concern, but I don't see a
> way around it.

Assuming that applications don't actually iterate over enums like Rob
mentions above, here is a patch which requires the enum values of
properties, parameters, value-types, and values to be specified in the
design-data files.  The values specified match those in the derived
filed in the v1.0 release.

I would like some review on this to see if its sane and will actually
preserve the ABI in the face of additions to
properties/parameters/value-types/values.

The second attachment is what a diff for the new VAVAILABILITY and VPOLL
components might look like (I didn't include restrictions, etc).

--
Kenneth Murchison
Principal Systems Software Engineer