Thinking of glib's GObject (and) Introspection API

Milan Crha mcrha at redhat.com
Sun Feb 21 23:05:47 PST 2016

On Thu, 2016-02-18 at 15:53 -0500, Allen Winter wrote:
> I'm happy to have it.
> I don't want to do the work, but if someone else wants to take it on,
> that's great.

	Hi,
I can look on it. It'll be about extending CMakeLists.txt and/or other
related files around and adding those new files. I'm not skilled in
CMake at all, thus it'll be an adventure for me too.

I'm wondering about the best way of providing this. The new files won't
change, thus it doesn't make much sense to provide them as a patch,
thus I'm thinking of adding them in a tar.xz file and provide only a
patch for related changes in CMake files, which will make it also
easier for review, I hope.

I would like to discuss the way of the integration first. I suggest to
create this folder structure:

   src/glib
   src/glib/build-tools
   src/glib/api
   src/glib/libical-glib
   src/test/libical-glib
   doc/libical-glib

These folders will contain files from respective folders from the GNOME
repository [1]. I'm unsure about src/test/libical-glib, which
references 'tests' folder of [1]. Even those are tests, it can be
considered also as examples for the introspection code.

Miao Yu, I will coordinate the move of the sources with you. I'll
appreciate if you could update the API definitions to match the 2.0.0
release of the libical first, thus the changes will not mean to the
libical folks to adapt anything (or to minimize the work as much as
possible for them). Thanks in advance.

	Bye,
	Milan

[1] https://git.gnome.org/browse/libical-glib/tree/