libical 2.0.0 release checklist

Ken Murchison murch at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Aug 17 09:58:24 PDT 2015

After reading RFC 5545 again (section 3.3.11) I think the clients are to
blame for some of this.  It appears that commas are always supposed to
be escaped in TEXT values, unless the comma is splitting multiple
values.  Apple clearly isn't doing this in their X- property.

I'm thinking we should be liberal in what we except, meaning that for a
known single value property, we should accept both escaped and
un-escaped commas.  In the case of a multi-valued property like
CATEGORIES, we should split on any un-escaped comma.  When outputting
iCalendar data we should follow the spec.