[Freeassociation-devel] Issue to build libical 1.0

Milan Crha mcrha at redhat.com
Thu May 16 01:00:53 PDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-05-15 at 20:17 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
> I'm trying to build libical 1.0 on Fedora (18), and while I can build
> libical 0.48 without any issue, the libical 1.0 fails with this error:
> >  make[4]: *** No rule to make target `../../src/libical/libical.la',
> >  needed by `libicalss.la'.  Stop.
>
> I tried various things, like calling ./autogen.sh, regenerating files
> with cmake, but nothing helps, I still get the above error. I noticed
> there are some soname version issues (mentioned in another thread here),
> thus I guess you can fix it together with this? (If the build is not
> an issue on my side, of course).

	Hi,
just a follow up, it turned out that I called cmake incorrectly, thus
the autotools files were not regenerated properly. Rex Dieter helped me
to fix my fault and make the libical 1.0 buildable. I'd say you can
safely drop the pre-build autotools files and start using cmake build
system only.

I'm sorry for a false alarm, caused by my lack of knowledge of cmake.
	Bye,
	Milan