[Freeassociation-devel] [regression] libical 0.48 escapes X properties, but doesn't unescape them

Milan Crha mcrha at redhat.com
Mon Feb 6 00:38:30 PST 2012

On Fri, 2012-02-03 at 18:38 -0500, Allen Winter wrote:
> On Monday 30 January 2012 1:18:11 PM Milan Crha wrote:
> > I found a regression (actually, not me, but reporter of [1]'s downstream
> > bug found an issue which led to this being found) in libical 0.48. It
> > escapes strings on set of X properties, but doesn't unescape them on get.
> >
> looks like this behavior was introduced with revision 1063
>
> > > set 'string with "quotes" used', got 'string with \"quotes\" used',
> > > same:no!!!
> I suppose the right solution is to unquote on the get, like you said.

	Hi,
just to make sure, I didn't say to _unquote_ them, but to _unescape_
them. Basically I should get what I set. Currently, if my value contains
quotes then the get function returns quotes escaped with backslash, as
the test app shows.

I want to be able to store any text value into the X property and I
should get what I set.
	Bye,
	Milan