[Freeassociation-devel] libical release planning (was: Re: libical: TZID prefix)

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at gmx.de
Wed Aug 17 23:22:33 PDT 2011

On Mi, 2011-08-17 at 16:55 -0400, Wilfried Goesgens wrote:
>         Mi Aug 17 2011 13:40:17 EDT von "Allen Winter"
>         <winter at kde.org> Betreff: Re: [Freeassociation-devel] libical
>         release planning (was: Re: libical: TZID prefix)
>         On Wednesday 17 August 2011 9:58:15 AM you wrote:
>         I'm not budging on my position.
>         I did almost all the work since the last release so I'm
>         deciding.
>
>         Art can take away my admin status if he likes. But that's how
>         I feel about it.

Allen, your work is definitely appreciated. I just wanted to offer a
different point of view on how libical might be moved forward.

> there are however some memleak bugfixes sponsored by nokia/intel since
> the last release, which is probably what Patrick is talking about.

Correct. My hope was that at some point I can stop suppressing known
issues in libical when testing the stick libical in a recent distro ;-)

> while the windows platform might be important for the k* and evolution
> ports, its obviously not for mameo (->Patrick) or citadel (me and Art)

I doubt that Evolution on Windows has much relevance.

> in the first two cases i'd be in for waiting for a go from you, which
> probably also Patrick and Art can accept.

Absolutely. I just want to avoid the case where the next release gets
delayed indefinitely because no-one is doing that testing on Windows and
Mac.

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly
Patrick.Ohly at gmx.de