[Freeassociation-devel] libical release planning (was: Re: libical: TZID prefix)

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at gmx.de
Tue Aug 16 04:52:12 PDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-08-15 at 12:33 -0400, IGnatius T Foobar wrote:
>  >> >
>  >> I don't know. Maybe Art does.
>  >> But I really would like to hold off until I hear something ANYTHING
>  >> from the Windows and Mac testers.
>
>  I am ready to do a release at this time.  I was holding off as a courtesy
> towards Allen because he requested more testing from the Windows/Mac testers.

I agree with Peter that it is better to release early and often. If the
next release does not work for Windows/Mac users, then they can stay
with the older version until the problem (whatever it'll be) is fixed.

One valid reason to delay a release is that testing actively happens
and/or regressions are known which are considered release critical and
there is a solution in sight.

With libical, both is the case right now: I am still testing it on Linux
with EDS/SyncEvolution *and* the TZID problem is still open. See my
other email on that.

So let's focus on that and release in about a week?

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly
Patrick.Ohly at gmx.de
http://www.estamos.de/