[Freeassociation-devel] SVN fails regression tests?

crass at berlios.de crass at berlios.de
Tue Mar 30 10:52:54 PDT 2010

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 11:08:32 -0500
<crass at berlios.de> wrote:

> > As a start, I'd say it would be a good idea to seperate the tests
> > that are known to succeed from those that are known to fail. That
> > way it is clear failures in the first set are regressions, while the
> > second set contains of things that still need looking at.
>
> Yep, I'm thinking we ifdef failing tests so they don't normally
> compile and run.  But they can be easily used by defining the right
> macro name.  I'll be committing this soon.

I've committed changes which #if out the failing tests based on the
ADD_TESTS_REQUIRING_INVESTIGATION macro defined in
src/test/regression.h.  Now the regression tests should all be passing
(please test on windows for those who use that platform).  Currently,
"make check" still fails because the timezones.c test fails (for me).
This a kind of sanity check for our timezone handling compared to the
system.  It should be fixed when the other timezone issues are fixed.
Now at least we should know when new code breaks existing tests.

Glenn