[Freeassociation-devel] SVN fails regression tests?

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at gmx.de
Tue Mar 30 10:44:14 PDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-03-30 at 11:08 -0500, crass at berlios.de wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 22:45:46 +0200
> Arnout Engelen <libical at bzzt.net> wrote:
> > I sort of gave up because it's not quite clear how this should be
> > tackled - I didn't consider myself familiar enough with the code to
> > make a meaningful proposal (beyond 'have
> > icaltimezone_get_builtin_timezone return a timezone with full
> > historic data, and provide a helper function to allow clients to
> > simplify it if they prefer').
>
> I think the tests which fail due to DST changes should be changed to
> "reasonably" get rid of any possible changes to DST.  For instance, I
> don't see a change in DST crossing December 15 or July 1 (ie. stay
> away from times close to DST.)

But then you don't cover the corner cases that occur when a meeting
crosses the start and end of summer time. I think the test cases should
be updated to work with timezone definitions as currently returned by
libical. If the rules change again, the tests will break again, too, but
hopefully that won't happen that soon.

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly
Patrick.Ohly at gmx.de