[Freeassociation-devel] (no subject)

IGnatius T Foobar room_freeassociation-devel at uncensored.citadel.org
Mon Sep 15 21:35:15 PDT 2008

Ok folks, the following new API functions are now present in libical:

 icalproperty_as_ical_string_r()
 icalvalue_as_ical_string_r()
 icalcomponent_as_ical_string_r()
 icalparameter_as_ical_string_r()
 icaldurationtype_as_ical_string_r()
 icalenum_reqstat_code_r()
 icallangbind_property_eval_string_r()
 icallangbind_quote_as_ical_r()
 icalmime_text_end_part_r()
 icalperiodtype_as_ical_string_r()
 icalproperty_get_parameter_as_string_r()
 icalproperty_get_value_as_string_r()
 icalproperty_get_property_name_r()
 icalrecurrencetype_as_string_r()
 icaltime_as_ical_string_r()
 icalreqstattype_as_string_r()
 icalvalue_binary_as_ical_string_r()
 icalvalue_int_as_ical_string_r()
 icalvalue_utcoffset_as_ical_string_r()
 icalvalue_string_as_ical_string_r()
 icalvalue_recur_as_ical_string_r()
 icalvalue_text_as_ical_string_r()
 icalvalue_attach_as_ical_string_r()
 icalvalue_duration_as_ical_string_r()

 icalvalue_date_as_ical_string_r()
 icalvalue_datetime_as_ical_string_r()
 icalvalue_float_as_ical_string_r()
 icalvalue_geo_as_ical_string_r()
 icalvalue_datetimeperiod_as_ical_string_r()
 icalvalue_period_as_ical_string_r()
 icalvalue_trigger_as_ical_string_r()
 icalvalue_as_ical_string_r()

 These basically comprise the API exposed by Chenthill's memory management
patch.  The functions with the old names are now just wrappers that call
their corresponding _r functions and then make a call to
icalmemory_add_tmp_buffer() before returning the value to the caller.

 I only did libical, not libicalcap or libicalss (so far).

 The unit tests have NOT been rewritten.  I felt it was important to run
the unit tests with the *old* API in order to ensure that we didn't break
anything.  Indeed, during my own testing this successfully turned up a
couple of "double free" issues that needed cleaning up.

 I would *really* appreciate some extra eyeballs on this right now.  If
any of you could test your applications against this it would be extremely
helpful.   I'm also interested in knowing what else we need to do in order
for the Evolution team to move forward.

 Thanks everyone,

   -- Art