[Freeassociation-devel] (no subject)

IGnatius T Foobar room_freeassociation-devel at uncensored.citadel.org
Mon Sep 15 18:45:23 PDT 2008

 I'm currently in the middle of updating libical to make available both
the traditional string API (which returns strings from a ring buffer) and
the new API from the Evolution team (which returns strings that the caller
is responsible for freeing).

 As I do this I'm wondering something:

 Is *anyone* using the stuff from 'libicalcap' at all?  CAP never really
made it out the door, and everyone's using standards such as GroupDAV or
CalDAV instead.

 For that matter, is anyone using the 'libicalss' stuff?

 I know that Eric and Andrea wanted to eventually write a calendar server,
but they stopped before it really took form.  As far as I know, everyone
is using libical just for the stuff in the 'libical' directory -- in other
words, the data type and the routines to manipulate it.

 Please, prove me wrong if you know otherwise.  I'm really thinking we
ought to deprecate these (probably quite incomplete) parts of the library.

    -- Art