[Freeassociation-devel] libical 0.32 problems

pasp pasp at ll.pl
Sun Sep 7 05:29:37 PDT 2008

Hello,

We're using libical in our project called Osmo. Recently we have added
"unfinished support" for iCal file exporting. It's unfinished because of
problems with libical.

We need following headers:

#include <libical/ical.h>
#include <libical/icalss.h>
#include <libical/icalset.h>

so, we include it and during compilation we got errors:

/usr/include/libical/icalss.h:111:33: error: libicalss/icalgauge.h: No
such file or directory
/usr/include/libical/icalss.h:282:31: error: libicalss/icalset.h: No such
file or directory
/usr/include/libical/icalss.h:342:35: error: libicalss/icalcluster.h: No
such file or directory

In $PREFIX/include libical subdirectory exist, but there is no libicalss
subdirectory or are we doing something wrong?

As we're going to extend support for handling ical files in Osmo, is
there a chance to fix this bug in the upcoming release of libical?

We don't want to advise our users to use SVN version since none of linux
distribution include svn versions :)

Also, we've prepared simple patch to add pkg-config support:
http://clay.ll.pl/repository/libical-0.31-patch.diff.gz

(please ignore 0.31 number - it works fine with 0.32)

It would be great if you could apply this patch into trunk.

Best regards,
 Tomek