Fwd: XO (88W8388) roaming issues

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Feb 23 14:03:32 PST 2015

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 02:05:32PM -0300, Franco Miceli wrote:
> We have been running some tests on different machines, of different
> model, in order to verify the patch's thresholds.
>
> Roaming performance is now more stable. I am attaching the test
> results as a PDF.

These tests were on a driver that would occasionally destroy scan
results.  This was fixed in February 2014:

libertas: fix scan result loss if SSID IE len 0
95320774fae71d7b22b970ef4267fcc4d1ad23d8

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/drivers/net/wireless/libertas/cfg.c?id=95320774fae71d7b22b970ef4267fcc4d1ad23d8

I'm not sure if there was an impact on wpa_supplicant, but in my
experience roaming was improved.

(The message quoted above was released from mailing list moderation
queue after a year and a half.)

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/