libertas sd8686 association problem

kevin chu twkwchu at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 08:56:37 EST 2012

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your reply.
The strange thing is that I didn't find any association request is sent by
firmware before I got the error return code!
But if I issue this command (0x0050) once or twice again (with the
same parameters) and associate to the same AP, it will be OK.
I encountered this problem when I implement "roaming" function.
The sd8686 module has to issue deauthentication command to the firmware
before it try to associate to another AP.
I guess the state machine in firmware maybe is in a unclear state after it
loss the connection with previous AP.
Of course I can try to associate again, but the penalty is stiffer because
the association timeout is so long and this value can't be modified...

Kevin