libertas sd8686 association problem

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Tue Jan 10 13:38:05 EST 2012

On Mon, 2011-12-26 at 14:57 +0800, kevin chu wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> Did anybody know the meaning of status code 0x0002 which returned from
> CMD_802_11_ASSOCIATE (0x0050).
> I issued associate command to marvell sd8686 firmware, but
> sometimes Sd8686 can't associate to the AP.
> The firmware did not send out associate request packet to AP but
> return 0x0002 to driver after timeout (about 500 ~ 600ms).
> This association will successful if I retry it again after timeout.
> So I just wonder what's wrong with the firmware in the first
> association command.

The information I have says that a "result code" of 0x02 in a command
response means CMD_STATUS_UNSUPPORTED, which could mean that the command
request included some parameters that the firmware simply doesn't
support, or maybe the AP's capabilities don't overlap with the SD8686's
and thus an association can't be made.

Dan