libertas 8388 firmware

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Sat Oct 30 08:27:01 EDT 2010

On 29 October 2010 20:53, Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> wrote:
> It uses the v9 firmware API like the sd8688, and obviously does not have
> the OLPC mesh capability.  Unfortunately Marvell does not publish
> comprehensive changelogs even on their Extranet, so all I've got is the
> changelog from the previous firmware release, which isn't very
> enlightening :(

OK, thanks. So we'll stay on v5 for now.

The v5 in the repo is version 5.43.7p0
but the one shipped by Fedora and OLPC is 5.110.22.p23

Is the 5.110 version newer? Do you have any info/changelogs/release
dates for 5.43?

OLPC's 5.110 version was released 11/20/2008, available from here:
http://dev.laptop.org/pub/firmware/libertas/
Changelog:
http://dev.laptop.org/pub/firmware/libertas/RELEASE_NOTES

The version scheme seems very unintuitive. 5.110 is newer than 5.220.
Who knows where 5.43 fits in.

Daniel