How do I increase libertas-sdio performance?

Alberto Panizzo maramaopercheseimorto at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 04:39:03 EDT 2010

On lun, 2010-10-18 at 19:31 -0700, ashwath narasimhan wrote:
> Hi,
>  I am using Harmony boards (arm cpu) supplied by nvidia which uses the
> marvell 8686 chip. I am using the libertas, libertas_sdio (2.6.35)
> drivers in compatibility mode with the 2.6.32 kernel. When I ran
> netperf client on the harmony board (2.6.32) I am obtaining a
> performance of 11.5 Mbps However, when I run netperf client on my
> laptop (intel wifi chipset) connected to the same access point, I am
> obtaining a performance of 14Mbps. I understand that I am comparing
> apples and grapes wrt the hardware and firmware. But I am curious as
> to why there is a significant performance degradation (~2-3 Mbps) when
> I am using libertas over sdio interface? Should I be expecting this in
> libertas_sdio?
>
> The access point is a linksys wireless router operating in the
> g-mode.
>
> Thanks,
> Ash

Ash..

What is the CPU load when you run the test?
What is the CPU clock?
What is the CPU???
What is the maximum MMC clock? and what is the value chosen by your
MMC host controller?
Can you post the full debug of netpref?

The question is: taking care of all the bottle necks, is that 11.5 Mbps
value enhanceable or not in your system?

--
Alberto!

        Be Persistent!
                - Greg Kroah-Hartman (FOSDEM 2010)