How-to use the sdio driver?

Dongas dongas86 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 01:06:26 EDT 2009

2009/7/10 Lars Holowko <Lars.Holowko at lantronix.com>:
> Thanks Dan,
>
> For the hint concerning debug and the MMC bus. I don't see anything
> happening there with my wifi card.
>
> One source of the problem could be that the MMC slot seems to get
> scanned only at boot up. It only recognizes a SD card when it is already
> plugged in when the kernel gets booted but not if I plug it in later.
>
> By that time the libertas module is not loaded yet. But when I configure
> libertas_sdio to be linked statically, I don't see any difference
> either...

Which WiFi card are you using?
Probably the WiFi card was not properly detected by your SDIO controller.
Make sure the configuration of your GPIO pin for card detection is right.
BTW, have you tried pre-plug in the WiFi card before power up the board?

> I also added a couple of printks in
> drives/mmc/core/sdio_bus.c:sdio_bus_event and
> drives/mmc/core/sdio_bus.c:sdio_bus_probe but they never seem to get
> called either - neither with the SD card nor the wireless board. Do you
> know who is supposed to call those probe functions?

sdio_bus_probe will be called by MMC/SDIO Stack once a SDIO function
and driver are matched on SDIO Bus.

Regards
Dongas