How-to use the sdio driver?

Lars Holowko Lars.Holowko at lantronix.com
Thu Jul 9 12:44:13 EDT 2009

Thanks Dan,

For the hint concerning debug and the MMC bus. I don't see anything
happening there with my wifi card.

One source of the problem could be that the MMC slot seems to get
scanned only at boot up. It only recognizes a SD card when it is already
plugged in when the kernel gets booted but not if I plug it in later.

By that time the libertas module is not loaded yet. But when I configure
libertas_sdio to be linked statically, I don't see any difference
either...

I also added a couple of printks in
drives/mmc/core/sdio_bus.c:sdio_bus_event and
drives/mmc/core/sdio_bus.c:sdio_bus_probe but they never seem to get
called either - neither with the SD card nor the wireless board. Do you
know who is supposed to call those probe functions?

Lars