Reg: Access point association gets down with in 5min for MARVELL_SDIO_8688_WLAN_CARD

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Tue Aug 18 11:18:14 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-08-18 at 14:50 +0530, praveen wrote:

> > > What do your AP logs say?  If the firmware thinks it got
> > > deauthenticated, then probably the AP kicked it off for some reason.
> > > Seeing what the debug logs on your access point say would be a good
> > > place to start.
> >
> > I met the same problem as Praveen that the firmware got disassociated
> > automatically after tens of minutes when it received a 802.11
> > disassociate frame from the AP.
> >
> > I tried to trace the log of AP to see why the AP kicked it off,
> > however, the log of AP is much too simple and there's nothing when
> > disassociation happened .
> >
> > Below is the log of Dlink DIR-605 from the association to disassociation.
> > Jan 1 01:45:03  DHCP: Server receive REQUEST from 00:1a:6b:a0:c7:58.
> > Jan 1 01:45:03  DHCP: Server sending OFFER of 192.168.0.101.
> > Jan 1 01:45:03  DHCP: Server receive DISCOVER from 00:1a:6b:a0:c7:58.
> > Jan 1 01:43:51  Log message was cleared.
> >
> > Much poor for debug.
> >
> > Any ideas to trace this issue?
> >
> > Regards
> > Dongas

> Hi,
>
> I also can't get any idea from the log of my AP. I placed the board in testing
> for two or three days it get de-associated from the AP many times, but every
> times it get re-associated automatically with automatic re-association patch
> enabled code.

reassoc policy should be living in the supplicant, not the driver, at
least for the time being.  Userspace may wish to make certain decisions
based on the reassociation reason/status, and just hardcoding reassoc in
the driver doesn't give userspace that opportunity.  Hence why reassoc
isn't in the driver at this time.

Dan