SDIO: problem fetching packet from firmware

Ivan Li lijinlei1 at 163.com
Wed Aug 5 04:10:18 EDT 2009

Hi guys,

Using libertas sometimes I got error: "libertas: problem fetching packet from firmware". This often happens when we are navigating a website using web browser.

My system configuration:
Processor: i.MX31 3stack SDIO, with 4bit I/O disabled.
WiFi chip: Marvell sd8686
OS: Linux 2.6.26, but upgrade libertas to 2.6.28

Any ideas? Below is the error log:

packet fragment (1546 > 739)
libertas: problem fetching packet from firmware
packet fragment (529 > 98)
libertas: problem fetching packet from firmware
packet fragment (737 > 98)
libertas: problem fetching packet from firmware
packet fragment (121 > 98)
libertas: problem fetching packet from firmware
packet fragment (110 > 98)
libertas: problem fetching packet from firmware
packet fragment (529 > 110)
libertas: problem fetching packet from firmware
packet fragment (1546 > 106)
libertas: problem fetching packet from firmware
packet fragment (1546 > 1324)
libertas: problem fetching packet from firmware
packet fragment (1324 > 198)
libertas: problem fetching packet from firmware
packet fragment (198 > 98)
libertas: problem fetching packet from firmware
packet fragment (1546 > 98)
libertas: problem fetching packet from firmware
packet fragment (319 > 98)
libertas: problem fetching packet from firmware