Change of CWmin value in libertas USB8388

Anadi Mishra reachanadi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 00:18:43 EDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 12:30 AM, Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-10-13 at 18:20 +0530, Anadi Mishra wrote:

>> > Are you using the libertas driver, or the libertas_tf driver?
>> >
>> > Dan
>> >

>> I am using libertas driver.
>
> Ok, then nothing in linux/net/mac80211/* is going to help you, because
> that's for the softmac cards (like atheros, broadcom, intel, etc) that
> do most of the processing on the host CPU.
>
> The Libertas 8x8x cards with standard firmware are "fullmac" where most
> of the work is done on the libertas device's CPU instead, and thus they
> don't use the mac80211 stack.

Okay that makes things clear, but can I use the "libertas_tf"
firmware & driver
on the same card and then play with MAC params without much trouble?
Currently when I use "iwpriv"  it says "no private ioctls".

Do some other cards support such a feature? Which one do you
suggest(Atheros with Madwifi??).

> The current libertas driver doesn't yet support WMM at this time.  The
> code wouldn't be really hard to do since it's existed for a while in
> various forms, but the core issues would be:
>
> 1) turning WMM on/off in the firmware
> 2) Implementing multiple queues, though we should use the new 2.6.27
> generic multiqueue infrastructure if at all possible
> 3) parsing WMM IEs from the beacons and setting internal values based on
> those beacon values

Didn't quite get this point. Why do we need WMM in my  case?

--
Thanks and Regards,
Anadi Mishra,