Diversity mode on 8385

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Mon Mar 10 10:51:20 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 10:31 +0100, Holger Schurig wrote:
> > I think iwconfig don't have the ability to configure this kind
> > of parameter
>
> iwconfig won't, but "iwpriv" could have this capability, because
> iwpriv ask the driver what private IOCTLs it supports. If you
> use the madwifi driver can set up diversity via iwpriv.
>
> Another option would be to use a module parameter.

I'd personally go for one of these two, in this order:

1) debugfs item

2) module parameter with the ability to change at run-time.  Set the
mode of the parameter as read-write, then before making any association
attempt or something check the value and set diversity if it's changed.
This doesn't give you notifications if the value changed (which debugfs
would do) but it might be OK for you.

Dan