Diversity mode on 8385

Holger Schurig hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Mon Mar 10 05:31:46 EDT 2008

> I think iwconfig don't have the ability to configure this kind
> of parameter

iwconfig won't, but "iwpriv" could have this capability, because
iwpriv ask the driver what private IOCTLs it supports. If you
use the madwifi driver can set up diversity via iwpriv.

Another option would be to use a module parameter.

> Another question, is someone works on the deep sleep mode of
> the 8385, which can be done when the user do a ifconfig ethx
> down ? If yes, I will be interested to participate because I
> need this fonctionnality. If not, it will be great if someone
> give me some advises to do that !

On my target, I can simply turn power off when "iwconfig eth1
down" happens, so for me deep sleep isn't interesting.
However, "normal" sleep support that works on CF would be
interesting to me, e.g. the thing that you configure
with "iwconfig eth1 power XXX". libertas itself has support for
this, but I think libertas_cs needs some tweaks to make this
work.