MuRata WiFi Module with Marvell 88w8686

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Tue Apr 1 07:33:59 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 17:25 +0800, claud_yu wrote:
> Hi Julien ,
>
>  I add some extra code to trace the driver behavior.
> After the helper download
> (if_sdio_prog_helper,if_sdio.c) , the driver will wait
> the helper booting and read the next req_size from
> 88w8686 to download real firmware. And I get first
> legal value 16.  After download 16 byte to 88w8686 and
> query next download size (req_size). I get a illegal
> value 17. The libertas driver show the 88w8686 will
> use LSB of req_size to indicate the error from helper.
>
> And I try to verify the WiFi module with IBM Thinkpad
> X60 with linux 2.6.24 ( with ricon sdhci SD controllor
> ). And the module seem broken after insert into X60
> notebook. That will delay my work.

I was unable to get an HP Compaq 6910p (ricoh controller) to light up my
SDIO 8686 (2.6.24), but a Fujitsu Lifebook 1510p (2.6.25rc) was able to
light it up.  So there are issues with the SDIO stack code, either that
or the HP's SD controller is screwed up, but I doubt that.  Try with
another machine that has a different SD controller and see if that
helps.

Dan