MuRata WiFi Module with Marvell 88w8686

claud_yu claud_yu at yahoo.com.tw
Tue Apr 1 05:25:15 EDT 2008

Hi Julien ,

 I add some extra code to trace the driver behavior.
After the helper download
(if_sdio_prog_helper,if_sdio.c) , the driver will wait
the helper booting and read the next req_size from
88w8686 to download real firmware. And I get first
legal value 16.  After download 16 byte to 88w8686 and
query next download size (req_size). I get a illegal
value 17. The libertas driver show the 88w8686 will
use LSB of req_size to indicate the error from helper.

And I try to verify the WiFi module with IBM Thinkpad
X60 with linux 2.6.24 ( with ricon sdhci SD controllor
). And the module seem broken after insert into X60
notebook. That will delay my work.

Regards,
Claud

--- julien.boibessot at free.fr 說: