How to start with a Marvell driver (non-USB, non-OLPC)

Holger Schurig hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Fri Feb 16 03:24:04 EST 2007

Hi Dan !

> I had somebody send 2 of them off on Tuesday, not sure when
> they'll arrive.

They arrived yesterday afternoon. Many thanks!

> Also, if feel free to poke Marcelo (mtossati at redhat.com) if he
> doesn't review the patches.  He wasn't correctly subscribed to
> the list at the time you posted them, so he may not have got
> them in his inbox.  He does know about them though, but maybe
> resending the 4 patches in a few days would help if he hasn't
> gotten to them yet.

The "split" patch is crap, I noticed that I somehow got more
errormessages with "make modules", which I did not get at "make
modules SUBDIRS=driver/net/wireless/libertas" time.

Some of the other patches have changed slightly. I'll re-post
them and/or put them into a git repository when I get one.

> They all look fine to me, so at worst I can push them up to
> libertas-2.6 in a few days, but I'd like to get him to say OK
> too.

Ok, thanks for this info.

Currently I'm thinking to split some functions that are now
main.c into two parts. One of them, which is more general, to
stay in main.c. And the other which is USB-specific, is to go
into if_usb.c. That allows me to later use the general functions
from if_pcmcia.c as well.

However, sometimes it's not simple to just split them into two.
wlan_add_card might be splitted into more then just two
functions.