rtap mode.

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Dec 11 10:56:56 EST 2007

On Mon, 2007-12-10 at 09:35 -0800, Javier Cardona wrote:
> Actually it has.  On a fullmac device like libertas it was prohibitive
> to clone each received management frame to pass it to the host.  On a
> thinmac architecture this is not an issue because no internal
> processing of management frames occurs.
>
> One option could have been to only pass data frames, but the really
> useful troubleshooting information for mesh will be in the management
> frames.

OK, I've fixed the driver to prevent you from enabling monitor mode
while either eth0 or msh0 interfaces are up, and prevent you from
bringing them up while it's in monitor mode.

It would be good to be able to remain connected while we're in monitor
mode though -- surely it can't be _so_ hard to pass the packets up the
stack after processing them? Don't we do that kind of thing for mesh
data frames anyway?

--
dwmw2