[LEDE-DEV] Espressobin mvebu64

Nishant Sharma codemarauder at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 00:00:11 PST 2018

Hi Tomasz,

On Monday 08 January 2018 11:35 PM, Tomasz Maciej Nowak wrote:
> I updated my tree from the previous time You probably saw it. Most of
> the features are complete. It requires to edit U-Boot environment with
> this value:
> bootcmd=load mmc 0:1 0x4d00000 boot.scr; source 0x4d00000
> With that it should boot without manual intervention.

I am able to successfully compile from the updated tree. After doing
saveenv for above mentioned bootcmd, the board boots without any manual
intervention after plugging in the power.

> What is left out:
> a) mini PCIe shouldn't work ATM here are some patches:
> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/cover/819585
> You should omit the last one,

I do not have a mini-PCIe card to test it out. Moreover, I could not
figure out how to use patchworks to download the patch.

> b) booting from other mediums than SD card

It boots fine from SD Card.

> c) sysupgrade on other mediums than SD card.

Sysupgrade for a 4 GB image took 871s(14 min). And it was waiting
forever at "reboot: Restarting system". Had to disconnect and connect
power again.

Below are the sysupgade logs:
============
killall: telnetd: no process killed
killall: dropbear: no process killed
Sending TERM to remaining processes ... logd rpcd netifd odhcpd snmpd sh
sysupgrade ping sleep ubus ntpd S99adb-enablemo adb adb rngd dnsmasq
mwan3track mwan3track ubusd
Sending KILL to remaining processes ... sleep
Switching to ramdisk...
[56983.185304] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p2): re-mounted. Opts:
block_validity,delalloc,barrier,user_xattr
Performing system upgrade...
0+79955 records in
0+79955 records out
[57853.233153] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p1): mounted filesystem without journal.
Opts: (null)
Upgrade completed
Rebooting system...
umount: can't unmount /dev: Resource busy
umount: can't unmount /tmp: Resource busy
umount: can't unmount /proc: Invalid argument
[57854.543510] reboot: Restarting system
=========

Additionally,

* Able to configure lan0/1 as a WAN to use with mwan3
* Didn't yet try creating VLAN tagged WANs using lan0/1, as some ISPs
here provide VLAN
* Perl didn't compile - it couldn't find config for aarch64 - need to
request maintainer for Perl I believe.
* Squid didn't compile as well - should request squid package maintainer?

Please let me know if you want me to test further hardware and scenarios.

Thanks & regards,
Nishant