[LEDE-DEV] TL-WR841N v13 LEDE git - txpower always 0dBm

Peter Körner peter at mazdermind.de
Sat Oct 28 09:00:28 PDT 2017

Hi,

I have a TL-WR841N v13 with LEDE git snapshot r5174-34958c8.

With the same Hardware running on OEM firmware I had a working wireless
link in the garden house (~15m away), since I flashed LEDE I can see the
Basestation, but association/authentication fails due to timeout.

https://pastebin.com/Ca2p2GxS

While searching for the issue, I found that `iwinfo radio0 info` and
`iwinfo radio0 txpower` would always report the txpower to be 0dBm.

Even setting it explicity with `iw phy phy0 set txpower fixed 10dBm`
would not change that. The regdom ist set do DE, but I also tried 00-World.

https://pastebin.com/u9a6s7ZG

To me that makes sense, because when I'm closer to the device, the Wifi
association works and connection is quite stable.

Is this a known issue? Are there workarounds? Is it possible to support
in debugging this further?

Thank you very much!
Peter