[LEDE-DEV] Linksys WRT54GL / image builder

Alberto Bursi bobafetthotmail at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 15:21:00 PDT 2017

On 10/20/2017 02:54 PM, Mikael Bak wrote:
> Hi Jo,
>
> On 20/10/17 10:59, Jo-Philipp Wich wrote:
>> Hi Mikael,
>>
>> try "make info", that should display the required package set per
>> device.
>>

> Thanks for the info.
>
> $ make info
> [snip]
> linksys-wrt54g:
>     Linksys WRT54G
>     Packages: kmod-b43 kmod-b43legacy
> [snip]
>
> So I did this:
> $ make image PROFILE=linksys-wrt54g PACKAGES="kmod-b43 kmod-b43legacy"
>
> And it got me a quite small, basic image without luci that fit on my
> device.
>
> FYI: the image I can download from today's snapshot is too big to fit
> on these devices (3.7MB). The image I built is only 3.5MB.
> So I'm asking how is the package list determined for a device when the
> snapshots are built?
>
> Is there a make command in the image builder I can run to see what the
> default packages are for a given device?
>
> Thanks again,
> Mikael

If you launch a image build without any PACKAGES= set you will see what
are the default packages in the first lines of the output, see the
following example:

$ make image PROFILE="wt3020-8M"

Building images for ramips - Nexx WT3020 (8MB)
Packages: base-files busybox dnsmasq dropbear firewall fstools ip6tables
iptables kernel kmod-gpio-button-hotplug kmod-leds-gpio kmod-mt76
kmod-rt2800-pci kmod-rt2800-soc libc libgcc logd mtd netifd odhcp6c
odhcpd opkg ppp ppp-mod-pppoe swconfig uci uclient-fetch wpad-mini

[and then it starts downloading packages]

-Alberto