[LEDE-DEV] Linksys WRT54GL / image builder

John Norton bobafetthotmail at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 08:57:02 PDT 2017

On 20/10/2017 10:44, Mikael Bak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been using the image builder in the past to generate custom
> images with additional packages for my other TP-LINK routers, and that
> works fine.
>
> Now I would like to use an old Linksys WRT54GL as an access point and
> would like to generate a custom image with a minimal set of packages
> (without luci and some other stuff).
>
> My question is: How can I know what packages I must include when
> building the image with the image builder in order to get the device
> to boot and be able to login via ssh?
>
> Something like this:
> $ make image PROFILE=linksys-wrt54g PACKAGES="[what should be here?]"
>
> Thanks for all the hard work with lede/openwrt!
>
> TIA,
> Mikael

If you run the imagebuilder without any "PACKAGES=xxx", it will generate
an image with the default packages for that device, kernel/drivers for
its integrated hardware, uci, ssh, firewall, ppp and ipv6 functionality
are included.

The image generated is similar to what you get in a LEDE development
snapshot.

The "PACKAGES=xxx" option is there for including something on top of
that, or removing some of the default-selected packages (like the ones
for ipv6 support/firewall/whatever, for example).

Will edit the wiki page to add this info.

-Alberto