[LEDE-DEV] kernel 4.9 migration for next release

Ted Hess thess at kitschensync.net
Mon Oct 2 12:57:48 PDT 2017

[...]
> The following targets are on kernel 4.4 and need a upgrade to kernel 4.9
> to be included:
> * ixp4xx

I did do a set of patches to 4.9 for the ixp4xx platform back in March.
However, I could not get the SPI-GPIO interface to the Micrel KS8995 switch
on my MI424WR router operational at all. The SPI device never showed up.
The device worked with the spi-gpio-old driver which has been removed. I
tried setting up the 4.9 kernel support for spi over gpio but nothing I tried
worked out - I could use some help with this. Everything else was working
OK on 4.9

/ted