[LEDE-DEV] 17.01.4 on Mikrotik RB951Ui-2HnD

Alberto Bursi bobafetthotmail at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 01:14:47 PDT 2017

On 03/11/2017 08:04, Nishant Sharma wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am not able to find the documentation to install Lede 17.01.x on
> RB951Ui-2HnD.
>
> I used to install OpenWrt 15.05 using TFTP boot, mtd erase and
> unpacking the tar.gz of the rootfs to mtdblock2 and copying the kernel
> to mtdblock1.
>
> But with Lede 17.01.4, there is no tar.gz. I tried doing:
>
> mtd write rootfs.squashfs rootfs
>
> and copy the kernel to mtdblock1
>
> The device has since then gone into a boot loop. I searched on the
> forum as well, but couldn't find a solution.
>
> Any pointers for the same would be helpful.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Nishant

That target has the "ramdisk" feature enabled by default, so one of the
files generated by a default compile can be sent over tftp, and then
booted from RAM
The system may lack Luci but will have SSH and after connecting to it
you can do a sysupgrade through the commandline, which will write the
firmware on flash.

Try the ones with "initramfs" in the name, I suspect the right one is
the "vmlinux-initramfs.bin" or the .elf.

I've seen a thread in the forum too, (with no answer) so if you confirm
it works either post there or report back here and I'll post the same
instructions there too.
https://forum.lede-project.org/t/installing-on-mikrotik-rb951ui-2hnd/3751

-Alberto