[LEDE-DEV] openwrt and lede - remerge proposal

Alberto Bursi alberto.bursi at outlook.it
Fri May 12 13:25:39 PDT 2017

On 05/12/2017 09:48 PM, Stefan Peter wrote:

>  From the comments on this thread, I get the impression the quite some
> non-committing members of the community feel the same: The didn't even
> get asked about their opinion regarding the naming or the structure of
> the organisation that will result from the merge. And we all have our
> opinions, and some of us need to sell the results of the committing
> developers to their management. Shouldn't we as users and supporters and
> whatnot get the chance to be heard, at least?

Well, it's not like they are removing people's ability to voice their
opinions here.

It is unrealistic, dangerous and quite unfair to give any kind of
decision-making power to normal users.

I mean, it's not fair to have users take decisions that will then bind
the ones actually working in their spare time.

People actually carrying the weight of the project get to decide where
it goes. It's *their* project, not ours.

-Alberto