[LEDE-DEV] openwrt and lede - remerge proposal

David Lang david at lang.hm
Thu May 11 21:17:49 PDT 2017

thereare formal rules:

https://lede-project.org/rules

1. The only role distinction within the LEDE project is between committers and
non-committers, there is no core developer group or other specially privileged
members.

2. All committers have the right to vote and are invited to liberally exercise
this voting right in order to keep a broad consensus on project matters.

3. Project matters, overall development directions etc. are decided by simple
majority votes. Votes may be held in different ways like simple yes/no
decisions, majority decisions among multiple proposed choices etc.

4. Committers being unreachable for three months in a row shall get their commit
and voting rights revoked in order to retain the ability to do majority votes
among the remaining active committers.

5. There shall be only full commit rights in any case, no partial access or
otherwise restricted access to the repositories.

6. Frequent contributors may become committers after a simple majority agreement
among existing committers. Project members are free to suggest suitable people.

7. Any votes and decisions made will be made public on the project websites.

8. Project infrastructure should be outsourced FOSS community operated services
whenever possible in order to allow project members to focus on actual
development efforts.

9. Any infrastructure that cannot be outsourced and/or is operated by the
project itself shall be administrable by at least three different people to
reduce the likelyhood of the project getting locked out due to operators being
unreachable.

10. Responsible operators for the various services shall be documented publicly.
The project will not offer email accounts under its project domain for privacy
and equality reasons.

11. Changes to these rules require a two third majority among the committers
holding voting rights and shall be documented.

12. Be nice to each other.

what is it on this list that people are objecting to?

what is it that people say needs to be added to the list?

are the people objecting amoung those who would have to comply with these rules?
or are they outsiders (I am an outsider)

David Lang