[LEDE-DEV] using sata-port-specific led triggers

Alberto Bursi alberto.bursi at outlook.it
Thu Mar 9 10:21:21 PST 2017

On 03/09/2017 07:56 AM, Mathias Kresin wrote:

> In my opinion it would makes more sense to switch kirkwood to kernel 4.9
> and use the upstream LED Disk Trigger [0][1] which was introduced with
> kernel 4.8.

disk-trigger is not port-specific, it's not good for my usecase.

My kirkwood devices have 2 Sata leds (and two sata ports),
disk-trigger would flash both leds together for any sata activity.

Daniel's patch should allow me to have Sata1 led show activity on Sata1
port, (and the same for Sata 2 led/port).

In stock firmware it works like that, and the leds are labeled on the case.

In general, most NAS devices have a sata led for each disk bay.

-Alberto