[LEDE-DEV] using sata-port-specific led triggers

Mathias Kresin dev at kresin.me
Wed Mar 8 22:56:36 PST 2017

08.03.2017 22:59, Alberto Bursi:
> Hi, I'm trying to use the functionality added by this patch [1] (it
> should generate different led triggers for each Sata port) for a few
> kirkwood device that have multiple Sata Leds.
>
> This patch is currently used only by some oxnas NAS devices, that seem
> to have not been fully ported to device tree.
>
> After reading its description and the oxnas files I have added
>
> CONFIG_ARCH_WANT_LIBATA_LEDS=y
> CONFIG_ATA_LEDS=y
>
> to the target/linux/kirkwood/config-4.4
>
> but after I made a distclean, recompiled and booted the initramfs image,
> I can't see any sata trigger
> -------
> root at LEDE:/# cat
> /sys/devices/platform/gpio-leds/leds/nsa310:green:esata/trigger
> [none] nand-disk timer default-on netdev usbport
> -------
>
> Does anyone have some ideas on why this does not work?
>
> [1]
> https://git.lede-project.org/?p=source.git;a=blob;f=target/linux/generic/patches-4.9/834-ledtrig-libata.patch

In my opinion it would makes more sense to switch kirkwood to kernel 4.9
and use the upstream LED Disk Trigger [0][1] which was introduced with
kernel 4.8.

Mathias

[0] https://git.lede-project.org/3d0bd150565767f395eae333bcbca7bbe89edf48
[1] https://git.lede-project.org/2261c9cc7715e6d590952989ebef96e08cc019fc