[LEDE-DEV] Need fix / advice / idea

Alberto Bursi alberto.bursi at outlook.it
Tue Mar 7 23:28:50 PST 2017

On 03/07/2017 11:09 PM, Denis Periša wrote:
> Alberto , thank you for insight!
>
> This device in latest "RouterBOOT" (as they call it) supports
> repartitioning to two partitions. But openwrt/LEDE (kernel actually)
> doesent support that - as per say -
>
> RouterBOOT booter 3.24
>
> RouterBoard 435G
>
> CPU frequency: 680 MHz
>   Memory size: 256 MiB
>     NAND size:  64 MiB
>     NAND partitions: 2
>
> Press any key within 1 seconds to enter setup.
> writing settings to flash... OK

> writing settings to flash... OK

> setting up elf image... not an elf header
> kernel loading failed
> trying bootp protocol.................... OK
> Got IP address: 192.168.111.91
> resolved mac address 00:XX:XX:00:06:XX
> Gateway: 192.168.111.2
> transfer started .................... transfer ok, time=1.24s
> setting up elf image... OK
> kernel loading failed - kernel does not support NAND partitions

No, that log says it didn't find a kernel in NAND in either partition 0
or 1.

The repartitioning changes partitions in bootloader, but you need to
erase the flash of these new partitions, then flash a new LEDE firmware
in these new partitions. The bootloader should be able to do this.

Did you also edit that source file and recompile as I pointed out? That
is needed for LEDE to actually recognize the new partitions once it is
booted successfully.

-Alberto